Welcome to Aupairia! The land of au pairs where sharing, learning and experiencing all that is good in life is our mission. Your placement with a host family, whether for 3 months or longer, will be a real chance to find out more about yourself.
When you plan your experience in China, you might have a lot of different expectation and worries. Here Aupairia au pair program provides you with the opportunity to explore your options with local support all at a very low cost. As an exchange program, we provide you with the following benefits in exchange for your 30+ hour engagement every week with the host family and child(ren)
You will receive the following benefits from the company to get you started:
- Round trip tickets between your home country to China*
- Comprehensive medical and travel insurance
- Accommodation (including 3 meals a day) provided by your host family
- Monthly spending allowance provided by your host family: this is a minimum of RMB 1,000 per month.
*If you’re from UK, the departure and arrival at your home country will be at London. And if you’re from other countries, we will book you the round trip tickets departing/arriving at the nearest international airport in your home country.
To help smooth you into the Chinese lifestyle, this is what we will provide you:
- Welcome package at your first arrival, including a transportation card, Emergency contact card, Beijing subway map, souvenir from Aupairia, etc.
- Orientation courses, which primes you to reap the most out of your stay here in China.
We want you to have a truly meaningful experience in China during your program, Aupairia provides you the opportunity o learn Chinese language, get a general feeling of Chinese culture and to explore the beauty China has to offer. This is achieved with the following:
- Comprehensive Mandarin course at your level– 4 class hours per week
- A Chinese cultural seminar- 2 class hours per week
- Monthly group cultural activities*
*Cultural activity and cultural seminar will not happen in the same week.
In addition, if you finish a 3-month program (90 days) successfully, you can get a RMB 1,500 COMPLETION BONUS. This is awarded at the end of your program with Aupairia.
To make the application process as smooth and enjoyable as possible there are a few things you need to prepare.
What you need to provide for program application:
- Application form and “dear family” letter – this can be downloaded from our recourse center on our website.
- A recent criminal background check – for the safety and peace of mind for our host families, all au pairs are required to provide a recent criminal background check. This must be dated within the last year.
- A medical check completed in your home country – you will spend a long time with the child(ren), so your health is very important for both you and the host child(ren).
- Other support material such as a degree certificate or an internship certificate. Scanned copies will be fine.
What you need to provide for your stay:
- A valid passport and a valid Chinese visa – these application costs are covered by yourself and not Aupairia.
- Refundable program deposit – this is to ensure that our Au Pairs are responsible and meet the expectations of the host family. We require a security deposit of GBP250. It is refunded upon satisfactory completion of the program.
- Your own personal travel or other personal expenses during the placement.
- Your dedicated and responsible company to your host child(ren) 30+ hours per week.
- Your curiosity, kindness and tolerance towards a new culture.
If your goal is to explore the culture of China, learn Mandarin, be a TEFL teacher in the future, or even to start your own business in China, the Aupairia au pair program is the best place to go you on your way. Take the first step to your new future!