Would you like to experience life in China? Would you like to be a cultural ambassador sharing your language with Chinese children and learn Mandarin yourself?
Our Au Pair Program provides you with an enriched experience in China with professional Mandarin course and cultural activities.
The Au Pair Program provides Mandarin lessons at a local professional language school. We hope the course can help you to be ready to take an HSK exam by the end of your program.
Come and join our Au Pair Program!
To apply for the program, you need to be:
- aged 18-29;
- native or near-native English speaker;
- enjoy spending time with children;
- single with no kids;
- high school graduate or higher education background;
- healthy physically and mentally;
- Open and tolerant towards a new culture;
You don’t need to be a professional teacher, just be willing to share your life experiences and language skills. We will provide educational resources and guidance to help you tutor your host family children. You don’t need to know any Chinese before you arrive; our Mandarin lessons will help you to explore China.
Our host families provide you with your own room in their lovely house along with all your meals. In exchange, you tutor English to the children, improve their knowledge of the world and share your home culture.
When you plan your experience in China, you might have your expectations and worries. Here Aupairia program provides you with the opportunity to explore your options with local support all at a very low cost. As exchange programs, we provide you with the following benefits in exchange for your 30+ hour engagement every week with the host family child(ren).
- Free round trip tickets between your home country to China.
- Accommodation (including 3 meals a day) provided by your host family.
- Monthly spending allowance provided by your host family: RMB 1,500 per month.
- Comprehensive medical and travel insurance.
- Weekly Mandarin lessons.
- Monthly group cultural activities.
To help smooth you into the Chinese lifestyle, this is what we will provide you:
- Airport picks up service on your arrival.
- Welcome package at your first arrival includes a Chinese Sim card, a transportation card, etc.
- Farewell package when you finish the program.
- Orientation courses, which primes you to reap the most out of your stay here in China.
To make the application process as smooth and enjoyable as possible there are a few things you need to prepare. We at Aupairia walk you through the entire application procedure, making it easy and simple.
- A valid passport and a valid Chinese visa – these application costs are covered by yourself.
- Application documents – this can be downloaded from here– which includes the following:
- Application form and “dear family” letter.
- One character reference other application documents.
- A medical check completed in your home country – you will spend a long time with the child(ren), so your health is very important for both you and the host child(ren).
- A recent criminal background check – for the safety and peace of mind for our host families, all au pairs are required to provide a recent criminal background check. This must be dated within the last year.
- Other support material such as a degree certificate or an internship certificate. Scanned copies will be fine.
- A valid US or Canadian transit visa for au pairs departing from North/Central/South America.
- Refundable program deposit – this is to ensure that our Au Pairs are responsible and meet the expectations of the host family. We require a security deposit of GBP500~800. It is refunded upon satisfactory completion of the program.
Zone1(Europe/Oceania/Asia/Africa) ￡500GBP Zone2(North/Central/South America) ￡800GBP
- Your own personal travel or other personal expenses during the placement such as a monthly plan for your Chinese phone number which is usually 50-100RMB per month depending on the monthly plan you choose.
- Transportation costs to the Mandarin lessons and cultural activities and Mandarin textbook costs of RMB150 per book.
- Your dedicated and responsible company to your host child(ren) 30+ hours per week.
- Your curiosity, kindness, and tolerance towards a new culture.
If your goal is to explore the culture of China, learn Mandarin, be a TEFL teacher in the future, or even to start your own business in China, the Aupairia au pair program is the best place to get you on your way. Come join our program and start your adventure where you will make new friends and memories to treasure forever!